Food at Camp
One of the benefits of being America’s oldest private boys camp in continuous operation is that you have lots of years of experience to learn from – and lots of menus! Here’s the low-down on food at Camp Awosting:
- The majority of meals are served family style, with staff supervising each table.
- We have weekly BBQs and Buffet dinners
- We support and can accommodate ALL food allergies and special diets. We just need your help to understand how best to take care of your son.
- We have campers each year with dairy, nut, wheat, soy and egg allergies. Gluten free foods are also available.
- We also have several vegetarians.
- Picky eaters love camp with our main meal alternatives like our salad bar and pasta station.
- We proudly serve products from our local organic dairy – Arethusa Farm
- Every day, we have fresh fruit available at ALL times.
- Breakfast is cereal and a main course. Hot cereal is available at every breakfast.
- Lunch is soup and a main course.
- Dinner is a main course.
Some sample menus items include:
Breakfast: Pancakes, Eggs, Bagels, Muffins, French Toast, Coffee Cake
Lunch: Chicken sandwiches, Hamburgers/Veggieburgers, Hot Dogs, Pizza, Meatball Sub, Turkey Wraps, Grilled Cheese, Chicken Fingers, Tacos, Macaroni & Cheese
Dinner: Roast Turkey, Lasagna, Fried Chicken, Assorted Pastas, Stir Fry, Roast Beef, Chicken Cordon Bleu